Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Way Back Wednesday


{4generations of women}

A Living Legacy

{4 generations of women}


These photos were taken at Gracyn's very first birthday party! 
Each photo contains 4 generations of women from her maternal and paternal sides. 

As I was looking through birthday pictures the other night and came across these, I couldn't help but think about how blessed we are to have each of these amazing women in our lives.

They each carry a set of skills, strengths, talents, abilities, and crafts unique to them alone. 
Stories that only they can tell. 
Times, places, and events that only their eyes
 have seen. 
Wounds that only their hearts can know.  Knowledge learned by this roller coaster ride
we like to call
LIFE.

Thank goodness they love us enough to share!!!


 Gracyn is so very blessed to have two Great Grandmothers who cherish and love her dearly! 
They play with her, talk to her, read to her,
 and absolutely "soak in" her presence!
I know deep down in my heart, that
she
is soaking in theirs as well.
These women represent our heritage. 
Our foundation...My foundation.

I want to learn all I can from them.
Listen to their stories.
Learn from their mistakes.
Lean on their strengths
and
learn how to overcome my weaknesses.

I have many things in my life to be thankful for...
but today I am especially thankful for each of them.

The women who form my family tree.




2 comments:

  1. Your posting really touched my heart. What a wonderful tribute to those amazing women!

    Kisses,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We look good don't we girls!!! I love having all these amazing women in my life...I learn from you every day. Thanks for all the memories we've made so far and the ones that are yet to come!!!God has given us each other to love, help, lean on, learn from, inspire each other, laugh...my list could go on and on.....God Bless You ALL!
    Love,
    Mom
    Nani

    ReplyDelete