Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dinner Date




Time...
the one thing we cannot get more of.

This is never more true than when your children are young.
Every month brings it's own set of schedules, commitments, time lines, and holidays.
With all this in mind, I have tried to consciously make an effort each month to do something special with my kiddos once a month.  Taking them to dinner with just the three of us or taking them out individually to their place of choice. 
This month, I had the opportunity to have a diner "date night" with Cade.
I told him we could go anywhere he wanted for dinner! 
Out of all his choices, his first choice was Luby's {which are all CLOSED in this area} so we went to his second choice Cheddars!

As soon as we sat down in the booth together, he said
"Wow Mom, it's just you and me.  No Gracie or anybody...just us.
This is neat!"

We talked to each other about our day, our week, and our feelings.
It was a precious time for the two of us.

One that I look forward to repeating...SOON!





Cade manning the camera!!!




 We BOTH ate all of our dinners so we mutually decided that
WE
 deserved a little treat :)


My indulgence wasn't the calories though,
it was the one on one time spent
soaking in my son.

I love you buddy!

4 comments:

  1. I love that second photo of you and Cade! :) So awesome that you got to do that together!

    And girl, we need to get together soon ourselves, for a Becky and Gayle date! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! great time spent with someone SO special!! :) had fun on our girls night out last night too!! :) 1 more week - then big break for you!! wooohoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Sweet boy you are Cade!
    Nani

    ReplyDelete