Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Patch 2010

So we opted out of going to the fair today...

to visit a local pumpkin patch instead!

Man, am I glad we did.

After hearing from friends who went today,
I think every kid from DALLAS COUNTY 
decided to visit the state fair of Texas!


It was a beautiful sunny day, perfect for exploring the pumpkin fields...




Climbing to the top of a
G-I-G-A-N-T-I-C 
haystack...


Enjoying a snack in the shade...


pre-snack gracie

Post snack Gracie :)





We went horse back riding!
Cade has riden a horse before, but
this was Gracyn's first time!

She did was a little "iffy" at first,
but once the cowgirl introduced her to
Rascal 
she was sold on the idea! 
I told her she looked just like a real cowgirl,
and Gracie replied,
"That's right mommy, that's why I'm gonna
be Jessie for Halloween!"
{jessie is from toy story 3}



We made special memories today,
I realized just how special when Cade
said his prayers tonight. 
 
"Dear God, 
Thank you for a super awesome day. 
It was the best! 
I love you Lord. 
In Jesus Name,
Amen"


3 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Amen to that prayer and amen to that sista Gracyn of mine! I feel that way too when I'm due for a good snack! By the way...love the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like time to get started working on that Jessie costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the pumpkin patch...Nani hadn't been since Cade was a little guy in NC. I'm glad you both got to ride the ponies.
    Hugs & kisses,
    Nani

    ReplyDelete